Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Hollywood AV Merchants Question

  1. #1
    Inactive Member eons's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Hello, I was hoping someone might be able to direct me some spots in the Hollywood and surrounding areas to find the following:

    1. A place where I can buy VHS tape stock in smaller sizes, like 20 minute, 30 minute tapes for reels, etc., along with blank paper and plastic VHS covers.

    2. A place where I can get one single NTSC to PAL VHS copy made cheap.

    Thanks for your help.

  2. #2
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Media Distributors is pretty good for Tape sales.
    They are in Studio City.

    There are a couple of places on Highland Blvd. but I'm confused as to who owns whom as these companies seem to get bought out periodically.

    One is called Studio film and Tape, the other is called the Tape Company.

    The best price on spine and face lables is Garwin and Chan. You can find them by doing a Google Search for Garwin & Chan.

    ------------------------------

    Film & Video Transfers in Northridge California might be an option for your pal transfers, although they do have a minimum order of $35.00 dollars I believe. Perhaps they have a lower minimum for cash payments, but I'm not sure about that.

    -------------------------------

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Scott Spears's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 29th, 2001
    Posts
    130
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You can try Egewise Media on Highland in Hollywood. Just a few blocks north of Santa Monica, but I can't remember the cross street.

    www.edgewisemedia.com

    I like Media Distributors too.

    Scott

  4. #4
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ah yes, Edgewise bought out Studio Film and Tape.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •